Your happy, bubbly, caring, snuggly cuddle therapist; and your official Cuddle Huddle Host.
About three years ago I was going through life starved of touch and not even realising it. Not able to be with other people touching me unless they were my partner. I had lots of insecurities around other people and what they thought of me.
Long story short, my journey to enjoying hugs took about a year of studying and exploring. I went from resisting hugs and not hugging anybody, to loving hugs and hugging at every available opportunity.
In one short year I’ve completely changed my view of physical intimacy, and now I want to make that available for others. Touch doesn’t equal sex, Intimacy doesn’t equal love. Each has its own important role to play in a person’s life, but there can be plenty of enjoyable touch and intimacy without sex.
We are touch based creatures. We have been this way since birth. In the early stages of life Touch nurtured us and helped us thrive. For most of us hugs, cuddles and other forms of platonic affection were given without hesitation and in abundance. Then somewhere along the way (most likely during adolescence and puberty) the affection became less and less and we were taught that we could only hug, touch and be affectionate with particular people. In some cases we were taught that Touch was wrong or taboo and something that once was celebrated and help us thrive was taken away.
Cuddle Therapy is the opportunity to be nurtured in a safe, relaxing non- expectational way and to experience what life could be like if Touch was given in a respectful, consensual way.
Imagine what life could be like if we were allowed to celebrate that we are touch centric beings and not only survive in life but THRIVE.
What is Cuddle Therapy?
Cuddle Therapy is a 1:1 session where participants share consensual, nurturing touch. Both cuddlers are clothed, and the session is non-sexual. The energy is intended to be more relaxing and soothing, rather than arousing or stimulating. Touch might include holding hands, exchanging back, shoulder, or foot massage, light facial touch, holding, playing with hair, or spooning. The importance of open communication is emphasised. This includes stating one’s own needs and boundaries, as well as asking for permission.
Who is Cuddle Therapy for?
ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY! (channeling my inner Vanessa Amorosi)
Benefits of Cuddle Huddles:
What do I wear to a Cuddle Therapy session?:
Wear comfortable clothing, like trakky dacks and a loose t-shirt or pyjamas. Loose fitting clothing is preferable. But anything you feel comfortable cuddling in is perfectly fine. There is a change room/ bathroom available if you wish you wish to change into your cuddle clothes before the session.
What do we actually DO in a Cuddle Therapy session?
At the beginning of our session we go over some quick consent and communication exercises so you can feel confident and comfortable during your session. All forms of platonic touch (not just cuddling) are acceptable in a cuddle sessions as long as both parties mutually agree to it. I have a wide range of cuddle/platonic touch positions in my repertoire. So whether you would like to cuddle standing up, sitting down, lying down or something in the middle I have a cuddle position to suit everybody.
Pricing & Payment
Pricing for a Cuddle Therapy session is $100/hr, this is standard across the cuddling industry. A 50% deposit is required to secure your session. This can be paid via bank transfer. Any out standing payment for the session will be required before the session starts and can be paid in cash or via bank transfer when you arrive.
Feeling safe during our sessions is paramount for both you and I. That is why we go over Ground Rules, consent and communication exercises and there is an emphasis on both of us always being able to choose what happens in our sessions at any given moment.
If you choose to book a Cuddle Therapy session I will need a photo of your ID for safety and security purposes. This will never be made public and will only be shared with my designated safety person.
Arousal most certainly has the potential to occur in a cuddle session for both men & women and it’s perfectly okay if it does. It’s just not appropriate to act on it.
If arousal does occur don’t stress out about it, excuse yourself, ask to change positions or do whatever you need to do to be comfortable.
The key is to not allow your concern of getting aroused or the event of arousal ruin your cuddle session. I wouldn’t be uncomfortable if arousal occurred and neither would any other cuddle therapist as long as you take action to subside the arousal and do not act on it.
What is a Cuddle Huddle?
A Cuddle Huddle is a social event where participants share consensual, nurturing touch. Everyone is clothed, and the event is non-sexual. The energy is intended to be more relaxing and soothing, rather than arousing or stimulating. Touch might include holding hands, exchanging back, shoulder, or foot massage, light facial touch, holding, playing with hair, or spooning.
What is a Cuddle Huddle?
A Cuddle Huddle is an event where participants share consensual, nurturing touch. Everyone is clothed, and the event is non-sexual. The energy is intended to be more relaxing and soothing, rather than arousing or stimulating. Touch might include holding hands, exchanging back, shoulder, or foot massage, light facial touch, holding, playing with hair, or spooning. The importance of open communication is emphasized. This includes stating one’s own needs and boundaries, as well as asking for permission. More boisterous activities at snuggle parties can include playful wrestling, cuddle huddles (many people blissfully snuggled together), and pillow fights.
What a Cuddle Huddle is not:
– A Cuddle Huddle is NOT a sexual event
– A Cuddle Huddle is NOT a dating/hook up event
Who are Cuddle Huddles for?
– ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY! (channeling my inner Vanessa Amorosi)
– Cuddle Huddles are welcoming to all ages, genders, sexual orientations and relationship dynamics.
– Cuddle Huddles are for anyone wanting to meet new people, to further their ability to powerfully communicate what they want and don’t want specifically in the area of touch and non-specifically in all areas of life.
– Cuddle Huddles are for those who want to experience and reap the benefits of touch in a fun, safe, non-expectational environment.
Benefits of Cuddle Huddles:
– Feel more connected to others.
– Resonate with friends on a deeper heartfelt level.
– Physical affection is more readily available beyond romantic and sexual relationships.
– Relationships are no longer “all-or-nothing” when it comes to nourishing physical touch.
– Find a refreshing middle ground between platonic friends who share little or no physical contact, and romantic connections who share all types of contact.
– Be more practiced at saying “Yes” to what you really want and “No” to what you don’t want, while empowering others around you to do the same.
– Your relationships and romances will no longer be overshadowed by touch-related “neediness.”
– You’re helping to create a healthier, more integrated, holistic, sustainable understanding of how touch and connectedness function in our lives.
– This is an 18+ event
– Personal hygiene: Please avoid perfumes or any other strongly scented products, as some people are sensitive to them. Make sure you’ve showered or bathed recently. Stay at home if you have a potentially contagious illness.
– Please respect the other participants at all times. Unwanted or inappropriate actions will not be tolerated and participants not following the ground rules will be removed from the space.
– Please refrain from using any substances that may inhibit judgement or prevent you from being fully present. Ie caffeine, alcohol or drugs.
What to expect?
The cuddle space will open thirty minutes before the start of the event to allow people time to change into cuddle clothes, familiarise themselves with the space, meet other participants and start to relax.
Once the doors have closed late participants will not be allowed into the space, sorry! This ensures that everyone is on the same page regarding the rules of the event and there are no disruptions or distractions.
The first 15 minutes will be made up of the opportunity for participants to introduce themselves if they want to, the ground rules for the event and any housekeeping announcements regarding the space.
We will then move on to the benefits of platonic touch, its importance in today’s society and some games to help you navigate requesting and receiving forms of touch while in the cuddle space.
Then we get into the what you’ve all been waiting for……the Cuddle Huddle!
This the free-style portion of the event where you get to experience the benefits of platonic touch for yourself. You may choose to break off into pairs or threes and get to know each other. You may choose to start or join the Cuddle Huddle. You may choose to sit back and read book until you are ready to join in. Any and all levels of participation are perfectly fine.
What to bring?
You are welcome to bring snacks for yourself or to share. A stuffed animal, favourite pillow or blanket if you wish. If not just bring your awesome self.
There will be blankets, pillows and cushions available for use and a hydration station as cuddling can be thirsty work!
Dress code for these events is comfy not sexy. Think pyjamas, onesies and and tracky dacks. Ideally clothes are to be loose fitting, sleeved tops (no tank tops please).
There will be amenities available for you to change from your street clothes into your cuddle clothes or be bold and brave and come along in your cuddle clothes ready to go.