Your happy, bubbly, caring, snuggly cuddle therapist. And your official Cuddle Huddle Host.
About a year ago I was going through life starved of touch and not even realising it. Not able to be with other people touching me unless they were my partner. I had lots of insecurities around other people and what they thought of me.
Long story short, my journey to enjoying hugs took about a year, I went from resisting hugs and not hugging anybody, to loving hugs and hugging at every available opportunity.
In 1 short year I’ve completely changed my view of physical intimacy, and now I want to make that available for others. Touch doesn’t equal sex, Intimacy doesn’t equal love. Each has its own important role to play in a person’s life, but there can be plenty of enjoyable touch and intimacy without sexH
I (Brie) do offer individual sessions between yourself and me, if you’d like to book one of these sessions, call or text me on 0407 976 028 and lets setup a time.
What is a Cuddle Huddle?
A Cuddle Huddle is an event where participants share consensual, nurturing touch. Everyone is clothed, and the event is non-sexual. The energy is intended to be more relaxing and soothing, rather than arousing or stimulating. Touch might include holding hands, exchanging back, shoulder, or foot massage, light facial touch, holding, playing with hair, or spooning. The importance of open communication is emphasized. This includes stating one’s own needs and boundaries, as well as asking for permission. More boisterous activities at snuggle parties can include playful wrestling, cuddle huddles (many people blissfully snuggled together), and pillow fights.
What a Cuddle Huddle is not:
– A Cuddle Huddle is NOT a sexual event
– A Cuddle Huddle is NOT a dating/hook up event
Who are Cuddle Huddles for?
– ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY! (channeling my inner Vanessa Amorosi)
– Cuddle Huddles are welcoming to all ages, genders, sexual orientations and relationship dynamics.
– Cuddle Huddles are for anyone wanting to meet new people, to further their ability to powerfully communicate what they want and don’t want specifically in the area of touch and non-specifically in all areas of life.
– Cuddle Huddles are for those who want to experience and reap the benefits of touch in a fun, safe, non-expectational environment.
Benefits of Cuddle Huddles:
– Feel more connected to others.
– Resonate with friends on a deeper heartfelt level.
– Physical affection is more readily available beyond romantic and sexual relationships.
– Relationships are no longer “all-or-nothing” when it comes to nourishing physical touch.
– Find a refreshing middle ground between platonic friends who share little or no physical contact, and romantic connections who share all types of contact.
– Be more practiced at saying “Yes” to what you really want and “No” to what you don’t want, while empowering others around you to do the same.
– Your relationships and romances will no longer be overshadowed by touch-related “neediness.”
– You’re helping to create a healthier, more integrated, holistic, sustainable understanding of how touch and connectedness function in our lives.
– This is an 18+ event
– Personal hygiene: Please avoid perfumes or any other strongly scented products, as some people are sensitive to them. Make sure you’ve showered or bathed recently. Stay at home if you have a potentially contagious illness.
– Please respect the other participants at all times. Unwanted or inappropriate actions will not be tolerated and participants not following the ground rules will be removed from the space.
– Please refrain from using any substances that may inhibit judgement or prevent you from being fully present. Ie caffeine, alcohol or drugs.
What to expect?
The cuddle space will open thirty minutes before the start of the event to allow people time to change into cuddle clothes, familiarise themselves with the space, meet other participants and start to relax.
Once the doors have closed late participants will not be allowed into the space, sorry! This ensures that everyone is on the same page regarding the rules of the event and there are no disruptions or distractions.
The first 15 minutes will be made up of the opportunity for participants to introduce themselves if they want to, the ground rules for the event and any housekeeping announcements regarding the space.
We will then move on to the benefits of platonic touch, its importance in today’s society and some games to help you navigate requesting and receiving forms of touch while in the cuddle space.
Then we get into the what you’ve all been waiting for……the Cuddle Huddle!
This the free-style portion of the event where you get to experience the benefits of platonic touch for yourself. You may choose to break off into pairs or threes and get to know each other. You may choose to start or join the Cuddle Huddle. You may choose to sit back and read book until you are ready to join in. Any and all levels of participation are perfectly fine.
What to bring?
You are welcome to bring snacks for yourself or to share. A stuffed animal, favourite pillow or blanket if you wish. If not just bring your awesome self.
There will be blankets, pillows and cushions available for use and a hydration station as cuddling can be thirsty work!
Dress code for these events is comfy not sexy. Think pyjamas, onesies and and tracky dacks. Ideally clothes are to be loose fitting, sleeved tops (no tank tops please).
There will be amenities available for you to change from your street clothes into your cuddle clothes or be bold and brave and come along in your cuddle clothes ready to go.